22/06/2020 by Ronna Davis 0 Comments
Network Connectivity is Your Path to Network Reliability
Now more than ever network connectivity is foundational to business, and to buildings and campuses. It has become a critical utility, like power and water. Network connectivity is the path to network reliability, and it requires special attention because the implications of poorly planned or executed network connectivity can seriously limit the potential of your organization and cause catastrophic system failures. From business applications and life safety systems to operational technology and user applications, connectivity enables the important functions of buildings and organizations.
CLICK TO TWEET: CommScope's Ronna Davis wants you to make the most out of your network.
Beyond its critical nature, a common network connectivity platform simplifies systems integration, maximizes financial investment and improves business continuity. Network connectivity should be viewed as an asset. It is a means to delivering more efficient systems, reducing our carbon footprint and improving the productivity, health and safety of the building occupants.
There are many types of connectivity in buildings and I listed several below:
- Four pair ethernet cabling
- Single pair ethernet cabling (the new standard for IoT and BAS cabling)
- Power cabling via PoE or other DC power solutions to support network devices
- Legacy building/OT/AV and security cabling
- Fiber cabling
- Cellular wireless: for public safety (3G, 4G LTE and 5G)
- CBRS private cellular network: public licensed and private unlicensed versions
- Short range wireless
- LPWAN- NB-IoT, LoRa, Sigfox and LTE-M
As systems and devices may connect via any or all these technologies, it is imperative that your connectivity strategy take this growing list of connectivity technologies into account. This can be a daunting task for business leaders, building operators and owners. By conducting a quick search, I uncovered the following number of different connectivity solution providers:
- More than five solution providers in 5G, not counting carriers
- More than 30 Wi-Fi manufacturers
- More than 10 short range wireless providers
- More than 10 structured cabling manufacturers
- More than 50 network switching and PoE companies
- More than five DC power microgrid manufacturers for network power but several more in general space of DC microgrids
With so many connectivity types and providers of each technology, it is clear that business leaders, building owners and operators need a comprehensive connectivity strategy that allows for seamless scalable coverage across their network spanning both the indoor and outdoor environment.
Join us on July 25, 2019 at 2 pm EDT where I will present the “5 Steps To A More Reliable Network” webinar. We will take an important look at the key issues affecting network reliability and the steps you can take to create a more resilient network.
Your network has virtually unlimited potential, so let’s make the most of it.
- 5 Steps To A More Reliable Network Webinar registration site
- Blog: Time to get physical with network reliability
- Regional on demand webinar site (multilingual)
About the Author
Ronna Davis is a global enterprise ecosystem leader for CommScope based in Nevada. She has been with CommScope for 11 years. In addition to her current role, Davis held positions on field sales team and in the global partner organization.
Leave a comment